The Pack Rat is designed around porteur-style racks and front-loading optimization, with a front cargo-specific design to eliminate steering issues. The fork features internal routing for generator hubs and rear frame dropouts to accommodate multiple drivetrain configurations. It's an ideal choice for loaded commutes and bike trips with a lighter load, but also rides great when unloaded.
- 26-inch Wheel Size has room for tires up to 26 x 2.0, 650B Wheel Size has room for tire up to 650b x 48mm
- 100% Surly 4130 Chromoly frame, main triangle is double-butted; 1-1/8-inch threadless brazed Chromoly fork
- Bosses front and rear for cantilever or linear-pull brakes, rack and fender eyelets at the dropouts, eyelets at the crown, and fully threaded through-blade fork eyelets for a front rack
- Semi-horizontal dropouts with a derailleur hanger for geared or singlespeed drivetrains and/or wheelbase adjustability
Contact us for parts packages
WARNING: Cycling can be dangerous. Bicycles and bicycle products should be assembled and serviced by a professional mechanic. Never modify your bicycle or accessories. Read and follow all product instructions and warnings including information on the manufacturer’s website. Inspect your bicycle before every use. Always wear a helmet.
|Frame||Surly Pack Rat, Surly 4130 CroMoly steel. Main triangle double-butted. TIG-welded. ED coated|
|Fork||Surly Pack Rat, 4130 CroMoly, lugged & brazed. Sloping crown w/threaded eyelets, tapered & butted curved blades w/mid-blade rack eyelets, dual dropout eyelets|
|Bottom Bracket||68mm wide, standard English threaded 1.37" x 24t|
|Wheel Compatibility||26, 650B|
|Brake Compatibility||Cantilever or linear-pull brake studs|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Gray Haze / 52cm / 650B||708752258945||FM2596||2272|